Fishing for Northern Pike in the spring is normally associated with ice-out ravenous action that can be absolutely insane! Lets face it, after a long cold winter the big girls need to eat and then get busy with the spawn. Unfortunately this time period only lasts a short time which is followed by the spawn and then the dreaded post spawn. This was the exact time that Pete was shooting this episode.
Quinte With A Bud I recently had a chance to head out on another late Largemouth Bass expedition, this time to the Bay of Quinte area. Last November good buddy Mike Burriss from Napanee and I got together for a long overdue fishing trip that just so happened to be on closing weekend… not the […]
This was probably one of our most anticipated fall fishing trips of the season. For one, it was an exotic location in having to launch on Lake Nipigon, travel the big lake and then find the mouth of the Sturgeon River. Once in the river it was a gorgeous early morning boat ride up stream through all the bends and rays of morning sunlight as we cut through the rivers rising mist; truly a spectacular site for a couple of excited anglers.
By Pete Bowman I love fishing in the fall, even if it’s a snotty overcast windy day. Reason being, Hawgs are for the taking. With that said I recently headed out in quest of a big Largemouth. There is nothing like a big green monster with perfect markings and my thumb in its mouth! I […]
Register For This Site
A password will be e-mailed to you.
- Fish’n Canada Carp Cup 2018
- Mercury Marine launches new Vessel Config technology
- Mercury Marine’s preserves its heritage with a return to Lake X
- Mercury Marine announces partnership with FELL Marine, an industry-leading developer of wireless technology for marine applications
- Mercury Marine introduces new V-6 FourStroke outboard lineup and an expansion to its SeaPro family