One of the least glamorous yet most important facets of fishing equipment is terminal tackle. This is gear that’s attached to the end of a fishing line including hooks, sinkers, leaders, snaps, swivels, split rings, clevises and the list goes on. For the most part this area of tackle is the least expensive however an […]
The grass is always greener on the other side”… this is a saying that has been around for many years and we as people tend to believe it on an almost daily basis. Now fishermen… WELL… we take it to the extreme. If our quarry isn’t voraciously schooling up and inhaling everything we are throwing at them, then we’ve gotta’ move.
What is drag, how does it work, and why is it important? Simply put, drag systems are a mechanical means of applying variable pressure to the line spool or drive mechanism which creates friction. This works on the principle of multiple discs rubbing together face-to-face. One set of disks is attached to the side of […]
Our Hotspot for this month is a little section on Mountain Lake on the Meaford Military base that seemed to hold a better number of fish overall. Dropshot, finesse baits and Topwaters definitely work wonders here. Remember though, this is a private facility that opens its doors to a small number of the public through the local Rod and Gun club.
Register For This Site
A password will be e-mailed to you.
- Fish’n Canada Carp Cup 2018
- Mercury Marine launches new Vessel Config technology
- Mercury Marine’s preserves its heritage with a return to Lake X
- Mercury Marine announces partnership with FELL Marine, an industry-leading developer of wireless technology for marine applications
- Mercury Marine introduces new V-6 FourStroke outboard lineup and an expansion to its SeaPro family