This episode has Angelo Viola in Ontario’s Algoma region at Blue Fox Camp on Kirkpatrick Lake. This remote fly-in location is one of the top 5 brook trout lodges in Ontario, where Ang tries a diversity of fishing tactics to reel both “brookies” as well as a few bonus lakers!
This Fish’n Canada episode has Pete Bowman visiting the Otonabee River in downtown Peterborough, where he and local carp guide Will Muschett strategically feed a specific, “easy to access” area and then proceed to catch fish after fish after fish. This is city fishing at its finest!
On this Fish’n Canada episode Angelo Viola and Pete Bowman take a scenic east coast drive to New Brunswick’s ‘Mississippi of the east’, the St. John River. The province’s early bass opener and miles of river, allows Ang & Pete to have a head start at catching their first Smallmouth Bass of the season!
This month’s Hotspot is a stretch of the Miramichi River named Red Bank. During the Striped Bass spawning migration each spring, this area gets completely jammed up with rambunctious fish getting ready to reproduce. We feel these fish are striking out of aggression as well as hunger which is somewhat odd during the spawning season. A fast erratic moving bait like a Yamamoto D Shad soft Jerkbait in a bright colour will pretty much clean up here. The fish simply can’t handle it! Our best fishing came on the shallow flats, with only limited success on the main river channel. This is a phenomenal fishery that everyone should try.
Register For This Site
A password will be e-mailed to you.
- Mercury Marine launches new Vessel Config technology
- Mercury Marine’s preserves its heritage with a return to Lake X
- Mercury Marine announces partnership with FELL Marine, an industry-leading developer of wireless technology for marine applications
- Mercury Marine introduces new V-6 FourStroke outboard lineup and an expansion to its SeaPro family
- Fish’n Canada’s “Lake X” Secret Mission