Ministry of Natural Resources and Forestry would like to mention that its licence-free fishing weekend from Saturday, February 18 through Monday, February 20. This Family Day weekend, anglers can go ice fishing without a licence, so head out to one of Ontario’s provincial parks that are open during the winter to give it a try. Learn the ropes […]
Sebastien Roy from Orillia, Ontario says he has caught what could be an Ontario record burbot. On Jan 25th Roy says he was ice fishing on Lake Simcoe with a buddy, looking for some whitefish. The spot that they planned to fish was open water, so they decided to move. “It’s kind of luck, as we […]
This is our 100th Hotspot, so we thought we would make it a doozy! It’s a dropoff right smack dab in the middle of the French River in Ontario. Muskie’s patrol this area searching for food. This is the kind of spot that can be either cast or trolled, it’s up to you. The key here is to cover lots of water … and don’t hesitate to run a high riding lure over 40, or even 50 feet of water. As we said in the show that we shot there, always finish every retrieve with some kind of circular motion like a figure 8 “just in case” you miss seeing a follower. Have a big net, as well as pliers and cutters on hand and remember to treat these giants with the reverence they deserve. Always release big Muskie!
Register For This Site
A password will be e-mailed to you.
- Mercury Marine’s preserves its heritage with a return to Lake X
- Mercury Marine announces partnership with FELL Marine, an industry-leading developer of wireless technology for marine applications
- Mercury Marine introduces new V-6 FourStroke outboard lineup and an expansion to its SeaPro family
- Fish’n Canada’s “Lake X” Secret Mission
- Garmin acquires Navionics