On this Fish’n Canada episode, Pete Bowman is fishing Whitby Harbour, one of the many harbours along the north shore of Lake Ontario, where a variety of game fish populate. Instead of targeting one species, Pete decides to set his hook on anything that is hungry. As he is tormented by a pack of jacked up & crazy Chinook Salmon, a new-found population of Northern Pike keep him sane!
April’s HotSpot takes us to the Ganaraska River (below the main street bridge). Probably the best concentration of accessible Chinook Salmon congregate at the lower section of the Ganaraska River in the town of Port Hope. Literally thousands of fish stage at the bottom of the rapids before venturing upstream to spawn. Try drifting roe, flies or even yarn to entice these early movers.
Register For This Site
A password will be e-mailed to you.
- Fish’n Canada Carp Cup 2018
- Mercury Marine launches new Vessel Config technology
- Mercury Marine’s preserves its heritage with a return to Lake X
- Mercury Marine announces partnership with FELL Marine, an industry-leading developer of wireless technology for marine applications
- Mercury Marine introduces new V-6 FourStroke outboard lineup and an expansion to its SeaPro family