Sebastien Roy from Orillia, Ontario says he has caught what could be an Ontario record burbot. On Jan 25th Roy says he was ice fishing on Lake Simcoe with a buddy, looking for some whitefish. The spot that they planned to fish was open water, so they decided to move. “It’s kind of luck, as we […]
Two Markham men have been fined a total of $4,000 for catching and keeping more sunfish than permitted. Caifu Wu and Li Hai Wu pleaded guilty to catching and keeping more than the conservation license limit of sunfish and were each fined $2,000. Both men had their fishing licenses suspended for one year. They also […]
July’s Hotspot is Woodsman Point on Lake Simcoe for Smallmouth Bass. This is close to one of the best spawning areas on the lake. Using the waypoint as a reference, start drifting and dragging a tube jig in 20+ feet of water, moving up the break towards the island until you get to 8-10 feet. Then start another drift.
March’s hotspot is a long shallow shoal that runs between Duclos point and Georgina Island. Work the edges in 8 to 14 feet with crankbaits or tube jigs, also try throwing topwater baits or spinners over the shallow rocks on top of the shoal. Big Smallmouth frequent this reef so hold on tight. Remember if you catch a trophy size fish, take a picture and let the fish go free to fight another day! A replica mount of the fish will last a lifetime.
Register For This Site
A password will be e-mailed to you.
- Fish’n Canada Carp Cup 2018
- Mercury Marine launches new Vessel Config technology
- Mercury Marine’s preserves its heritage with a return to Lake X
- Mercury Marine announces partnership with FELL Marine, an industry-leading developer of wireless technology for marine applications
- Mercury Marine introduces new V-6 FourStroke outboard lineup and an expansion to its SeaPro family