As heard on this week’s episode of Outdoor Journal Radio’s Eating Wild podcast here is Antonio’s popper recipe.
4 large jalapeños hollowed out
One cup of smoked cream cheese at room temperature
4-6 ounces of duck breast fat removed
One pack of smoked bacon, salt and pepper & fresh chives
- Start by mincing up your duck breast finely in a bowl
- In the same bowl, add your room, temperature, smoked cream cheese, and chopped fresh chives
- Stuff your jalapeños with the mixture, rate to the top
- Simply wrap your jalapeños in 1 to 2 strips of bacon whatever is required of the size of your jalapeño.
- Insert a toothpick to ensure that the bacon stays firmly wrapped around your jalapeño put into your oven at 400° for 12 to 16 minutes until bacon is fully cooked and cheese is oozing out of the top of the jalapeño
- Remove and serve out of the oven!