THE GREAT ONTARIO GET-AWAY GIVE-AWAY
OFFICIAL MONTHLY CONTEST RULES
NO PURCHASE OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN.
- SPONSORS: The Great Ontario Getaway Giveaway, also referred to as (GOGG) or (the Contest) or (the “Contests”) is sponsored by Fish’n Canada Ltd, Destination Northern Ontario and Nature and Outdoor Tourism Ontario.
- ENTRANTS: There are 3 ways to play the GOGG. As a contestant, as a voter or as both.
- HOW TO ENTER AS A CONTESTANT: The GOGG is a series of Photo/Video monthly contests. You can enter by navigating to fishncanada.com website and follow the link to the Great Ontario Getaway Giveaway contest page. For this Contest, receipt of an internet entry occurs when fishncanada.com servers record the entry information. Entry information includes, but not limited to, a photo or 60 second video submission, a short 300-character story and personal data such as name, address, phone number and email address. All entries must be complete and are subject to verification by the Sponsors, and in their sole discretion can accept or refuse any such entries. Limit 1 Photo/Video entry per monthly contest. By entering the contest, you agree to receive emails from the “Sponsors” about but not limited to News, Offers, Tips and other promotional materials. You understand that you can unsubscribe at any time by clicking ‘UNSUBSCRIBE FROM THIS LIST’.
- HOW TO ENTER AS A VOTER: You can enter by navigating to fishncanada.com website and follow the link to the Great Ontario Getaway Giveaway contest page. For this Contest, receipt of a vote occurs when fishncanada.com servers record the entry information. Entry information includes, but not limited to, a vote for a particular contestant and your personal data such as name, address, phone number and email address. All votes are subject to verification by the Sponsors, and in their sole discretion can accept or refuse any such vote. Maximum votes per day is 5 with a 1 vote per day per contestant limit. Voters can enter 5 new votes each 24-hour period for the duration of the contests. Each vote will be converted to a ballot which will be accumulated throughout the GOGG contests and count towards the Grand Finale draw. By entering the contest, you agree to receive emails from the “Sponsors” about but not limited to News, Offers, Tips and other promotional materials. You understand that you can unsubscribe at any time by clicking ‘UNSUBSCRIBE FROM THIS LIST’.
- ELIGIBILITY: GOGG is open to legal residents of Canada who have reached the age of majority in their province or territory of residence at the time of entry, with the exception of employees of the Sponsors, related and affiliated companies, subsidiaries, departments or agencies, franchisees, suppliers, advertising and promotional agencies, contest administrators, and any other parties engaged in the development, production or distribution of Contest materials and those living in the same household. By participating in this Contest, entrants acknowledge compliance with, and agree to be bound by, these Contest Rules. Entrants who do not comply with any of the Contest Rules are subject to disqualification by the Sponsors, in the Sponsor’s sole discretion. Prize winners are only eligible to win 1 (one) prize for the duration of the contests. Once an entrant is selected as a segment winner, they are not eligible to win a contest prize again.
- Only one member per household is eligible to win for the duration of the GOGG contest.
- CONTEST DATES AND TIMES: The contests begin on April 1st, 2021 at 3:00 pm EST and end on August 31st. 2021 at 3:00 pm EST after which time the contest will be closed and no further entries shall be accepted.
- CAUSE FOR DISQUALIFICATION: Any attempt or suspected attempt to use robotic, automatic, programmed, or otherwise, illicit means to enter the Contest, or any other methods not authorized by these Contest Rules, for example, but not limited to, creating multiple accounts, identities, or registrations, all in the Sponsor’s sole discretion, shall be deemed as tampering and may disqualify you from entering, participating and/or winning a prize. Entries that contain false or incomplete information are void. Entries that are late, lost, stolen, illegible, contain false information, are damaged, misdirected, mutilated, garbled or incomplete, altered or otherwise irregular or that do not conform with or satisfy any or all of the conditions of the Contest Rules are void. Entrants grant Sponsor a non-exclusive license to use all entries for any purpose. No correspondence will be entered into except with selected entrants. Proof of transmission (screenshots or captures, etc.) does not constitute proof of entry or receipt of an entry.
- CONTEST PRIZES: consists of an all-expense paid trip for two to a northern Ontario lodge/resort. These trips will include accommodations, all meals and select nonalcoholic beverages along with boats, motors live bait and guiding services (where available). If the selected lodge does not offer some or any of these amenities they will not apply and may be substituted with other amenities. In the case of a fly-in destination this trip may also include transportation from a predetermined starting point (hub) to the selected lodge/resort and back again. All expense paid does not include costs of travel from the winners starting point to the predetermined hub. All expense paid does not include alcoholic beverages or Ontario fishing license. Prizes are none transferable and must be accepted as awarded and have no cash value. Prizes or any portion thereof cannot be combined with other discounts, promotions or special offers. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute an alternate prize of equal or greater value if an advertised prize is unavailable at time of award.
- ODDS OF WINNING: The odds of winning the Grand Finale draw prizes is dependent on the number of eligible votes/ballots submitted before the Contest End Date. The more qualified ballots a contestant or voter enters into the virtual random draw increases the odds of winning.
- SKILL TESTING QUESTION: Winning Contestants and winning Voters will be required, as a condition to winning a Prize, to correctly answer, without assistance of any kind, a skill testing question.
- WINNER SELECTION AND CONFIRMATION: 5 Winning Contestants will be declared each month starting April 30th at 3pm EST on the fishncanada.com site. Subsequent Winning Contestants will be announced on fishncanada.com site and social media array. Winners are declared based on total votes they receive for the month. Top 5 vote getters will win the monthly prizes. In the event of a tie the tie breaker will be based on the time the winning vote was cast and will bump the loosing Entrant down one position in the standings or in the case of a tie for the fifth spot the loosing Entrant will be knocked out of the top 5 and not be eligible for a prize.
After the final monthly segment and all 25 Winning Contestants have been determined based on votes, all accumulated votes and entries from all segments, excluding the 25 monthly Winning Contestants, will be converted into ballots and will go into a virtual drum from which additional prize winners will be drawn, these additional prize winners are called Selected Winners. The Sponsor, or an employee, agent or other representative of the Sponsor, will conduct a virtual drum random draw from all eligible entries and select the Grand Finale winners. The Grand Finale winners or Selected Winners will be deemed winners if they meet all the eligibility criteria set out in these Contest Rules. If a Grand Finale winner does not meet the eligibility criteria, he/she will be disqualified and will not receive a prize and another entrant will be selected by way of a random virtual drum draw from the remaining eligible entries. Before being declared an official winner, a Grand Finale winner will be required to: (i) sign and return the Sponsor’s Declaration of Eligibility and Liability/Publicity Release form; and (ii) comply with all other Contest Rules, all in the sole discretion of Sponsor.
The Winning Contestants of the monthly segments and the Selected Winners of the Grand Finale Prize of the GOGG will be notified within one (1) business day of the official declaration of their win via telephone number and/or email address provided at the time of entry into the Contest. In the Sponsor’s sole discretion, up to three attempts will be made within 36 hours following the draw. A prize winner that does not or cannot respond and accept the Prize within this predetermined time frame will forfeit their win and therefore will not be eligible to receive the prize. The Sponsor’s signed release form must be received by Sponsor no later than 2 days following receipt of the release form. The Sponsor is not responsible for the failure for any reason whatsoever of a Selected or Winning Contestant to receive notification or for the Sponsor to receive a response. All winners assume any and all liability for any injury or damage caused, or claimed to be caused, by entering, participating in this promotion or use or redemption of a prize.
- DISPUTES REGARDING IDENTITY OF ENTRANT: If the identity of a Selected Entrant is disputed, the entry will be deemed to have been submitted by the Authorized Account Holder (the individual assigned to the e-mail address or, if applicable for entry, social media handle associated with the entry). Each Selected Entrant may be required to provide proof that he/she is the Authorized Account Holder associated with the selected entry.
- RELEASE AND INDEMNIFICATION: The winner must sign the Sponsor’s Declaration of Eligibility and Liability/Publicity Release form to: (i) confirm compliance with the Contest Rules; (ii) agree to accept the prize as awarded; (iii) release, discharge and hold harmless the Sponsor, its departments and agencies, parent, related and affiliated companies, subsidiaries, franchisees, advertising and promotional agencies, counsel, marketing partners, and each of their respective directors, officers, employees, shareholders, successors, sponsors, partners, licensees, subsidiaries, agents, artists, advisors, assignees, and all others associated with the administration, development and execution of the Contest (the “Released Parties”) from and against any and all manner of action, cause of action, claim or demand, loss or injury, use or misuse of a prize or any travel related thereto, and the use of the Entry by the Sponsor, suit, debt, covenant, contract, including legal fees and expenses, whatsoever, including but not limited to, claims based on negligence, breach of contract and fundamental breach, failure of any third party contractor or supplier used in connection with any aspect of the Contest to perform or deliver any goods or services, any act of God or any other event beyond the Released Parties’ control, any dissatisfaction of any kind by a winner with any aspect of the Contest or any prize, liability for physical injury, death, or property damage which the entrants, guests, their heirs, successors or assigns have, might have or could have suffered, by reason of or arising out of the entrant’s participation in the Contest and/or in connection with the acceptance and/or exercise by the entrant of the Prize as awarded; and (iv) indemnify the Released Parties against any loss, damage or expense, including legal fees, that any of the Released Parties may suffer or incur as a result of any non-compliance by an entrant with any of the Contest Rules or participation in the Contest and/or in connection with the acceptance and/or exercise by an entrant of a prize and the use of the Entry by Sponsor.
- THE SPONSOR IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR: (i) incorrect or inaccurate entry information which may affect a person’s ability to participate in the Contest or be awarded a prize, including but not limited to human error, technical malfunctions, lost or delayed entries for any reason, mail failures, omission, or any combination thereof, and entries which fail to fully comply with these Contest Rules; (ii) technical failures of any kind, including, but not limited to malfunctions, interruptions, or disconnections in phone lines or network hardware or software; (iii) lost, incomplete, delayed, mutilated or misdirected entries or Declaration and Release forms; (iv) injury or damage to the entrant’s computer or to any other individual’s computer related to or resulting from participating in, or downloading any material regarding the Contest or accepting a prize; (v) any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant’s participation in the Contest or receipt or use or misuse of any prize, including any travel related thereto and the use of the Entry by Sponsor; (vi) the security or privacy of information transmitted via computer networks or for breaches of privacy due to interference by third party computer “hackers” or otherwise; or (vii) late, lost, misdirected or unsuccessful efforts to notify a potential winner.
- OTHER CONDITIONS: The Sponsor reserves the right to terminate or amend this Contest at any time and in any way, without prior notice. Without limiting the foregoing, if, for any reason, the Contest is not capable of running as originally planned for any reason, the Sponsor reserves the right to cancel the Contest and conduct a random draw from all previously received eligible entries received by the Contest End Date.
- PUBLICITY AND ENTRANT INFORMATION: By participating in the Contest, entrant consent to the use of their name, address, postal code, telephone number, social media handles, comments, and image, whether on videotape, photograph or any other means, for the administration of this Contest or any publicity carried out by the Sponsor, without further notice or compensation.
- LAW: The Contest is void where prohibited by law and is subject to all applicable Canadian federal, provincial, territorial, municipal and local laws. This Contest shall be governed exclusively by the laws of the province of Ontario including all issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Contest Rules, rights and obligations between entrants and the Sponsor, and procedural provisions, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules. Any dispute shall be adjudicated by the courts sitting in Oshawa, Ontario.
This contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat, YouTube, Pinterest, LinkedIn or Google.
The participants understand that it is providing information solely to the sponsors of the GOGG contest and Fishncanada.com
RULE AMENDMENTS: The Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to amend or modify these Contest Rules, or modify, cancel or suspend this Contest, without prior notice for any reason whatsoever, including without limitation in the event that any cause beyond the reasonable control of the Sponsor corrupts, or threatens to corrupt, the security or proper administration of the Contest.
INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY: All intellectual property, including but not limited to trademarks, logos, designs, promotional materials, web pages, source codes, images, drawings, illustrations, slogans and representations are owned by the Sponsor. All rights are reserved. Unauthorized copying or use of any copyrighted material or other intellectual property without the express written consent of the Sponsor is strictly prohibited. The Sponsor’s marketing or other partners, if any, shall also have access to and rights to reproduce, copy, or otherwise use any materials generated by this Contest or any submissions or materials generated by entrants.
© Fish’n Canada 2021. All Rights Reserved.